Install Licence Server For Outlook Add-In
Install Licence Server for Outlook Add-In
Konnect eMail Outlook Add-In can also be licensed using the Floating Licence system; this enables you to share licences between users and as a result optimising your investment. You only need to follow this document if you opt for the licence server version on the Outlook Add-In.
To use this licensing system you must install and activate the licensing server for Konnect eMail Outlook Add-In.
Follow the below steps to install the Licence Server for Outlook Add-In and activate it.
- Ideally, the Konnect eMail Licence server should be installed on a Software Licence Server (Key Server) within your network, if your organisation already use one OR
- You can choose to install this on any another machine (if your organisation does not have a dedicated license server) that acts like a server i.e. it should have the following
- be visible on the network using machine name
- the machine should be up and running to let client machines validate the licence
Step I – Install the Licence Server
- Create a Folder “KonnecteMailLicenceServer” on the local drive of the target machine (Software Licence Server a.k.a. Key Server) and copy the Licence Server installation file corresponding to the bit version of Operating System running on your Machine i.e. x86 for 32-bit Windows and x64 for 64-bit Windows.
- Run “Command Prompt” as an administrator (elevated).
- Change directory to the location of the Licence Server file that was copied in step 1.
- To view the available parameters run “LicenceServer-x64” or “LicenceServer-x32” (without quotes).
- Install the Licence Server by running “LicenceServer-x64 -install” or “LicenceServer-x32 -install” (without quotes).
- Activate the Licence Server by running “LicenceServer-x64 -activate XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX” or “LicenceServer-x32 -activate XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX” (without quotes) where X’s represent the licence key.
- Close the Command Prompt.