Install Email Parser App – SharePoint Online
Install Konnect eMail Parser SharePoint Online App
Konnect eMail Parser for SharePoint is available as an App for SharePoint Online. The purpose of this app is to extract/parse emails header information and add it as metadata against the file for records classification.
Step I – Add SharePoint Email Parser App to App Catalog
- Navigate to “Apps for SharePoint” in the “App Catalog” site collection. If you do not have an App Catalog setup, please follow the steps here to provision one.
- Add/Upload SharePoint Email Parser App to the App Catalog.
Step II – Add Konnect eMail Parser App to Site
- Navigate to “Site Contents” of the target site, click “New” and select “App” from the drop down menu.
- Select “KonnecteMailParser” app to begin installation.
- When prompted click “Trust It” to proceed with install.
Step III – Add License Key & Create Site Columns
- Navigate to “Site Settings” of the site where the app is installed. Under “Site Actions” click “Konnect eMail Settings“.
- Enter the License Key and in the provided text box and click “Update Key“.
- Click “Create site column” to create the email metadata fields. These columns will be created at the root site and will be available for use within every sub site.
- Click “Close“.
Note: the above steps ONLY need to be performed once per site collection.
Step IV – Create Document Library and Add Site Columns to it
- Navigate to “Site Contents” of the target site and create a “New” “Document Library” and name it “Emails”
- Navigate to “Library Settings“; under Columns group click on “Add from existing site columns“.
- Select “Konnect eMail Fields” from the “Select site columns from” drop down. Select all columns, click “Add” and hit “OK“.
- Upload a email (.msg file) to this library to test.