Install Email Parser App – SharePoint Online
Install Konnect eMail Parser SharePoint Online App
Konnect eMail Parser for SharePoint is available as an App for SharePoint Online. The purpose of this app is to extract/parse emails header information and add it as metadata against the file for records classification.
- For SharePoint Online email parser App you need to add a Client Id and Client Secret to the SharePoint tenancy. This (Step I) needs to be performed ONLY once for the entire SharePoint tenancy.
Step I – Add ClientID and Secret Key (SharePoint Online Only)
- Navigate to – https://site_collection_url/_layouts/15/AppRegNew.aspx
- Add the following values
- “Client Id”: 81dc203b-ce62-4081-a1df-878fdb2c18b0
- “Client Secret”: YilX42LAdaamh1r0z1bCQHWELmbQV9Zcxqz87iLwNNw=
- “Title”: Konnect eMail Parser
- “App Domain”: konnectemail.azurewebsites.net
- “Redirect URI”: https://konnectemail.azurewebsites.net
- Click “Create”
Step II – Add SharePoint Email Parser App to App Catalog
- Navigate to Apps for SharePoint in the App Catalog site collection. If you do not have an App Catalog setup, please follow the steps here to provision one.
- Add SharePoint Email Parser App to the App Catalog.
Step III – Add Konnect eMail Parser App to Site
- Navigate to “Site Contents” of the target site, click “New” and select “App” from the drop down menu.
- Select “SPOEmailParser” app to begin installation.
- When prompted click “Trust It” to proceed with install.
Step IV – Add License Key & Create Site Columns
- Navigate to “Site Settings” of the site where the app is installed. Under “Site Actions” click “Konnect eMail Settings“.
- Enter the License Key and in the provided text box and click “Update Key“.
- Click “Create site column” to create the email metadata fields. These columns will be created at the root site and will be available for use within every sub site.
- Click “Close“.
Note: the above steps ONLY need to be performed once per site collection.
Step V – Create Document Library and Add Site Columns to it
- Navigate to “Site Contents” of the target site and create a “New” “Document Library” and name it “Emails”
- Navigate to “Library Settings“; under Columns group click on “Add from existing site columns“.
- Select “Konnect eMail Fields” from the “Select site columns from” drop down. Select all columns, click “Add” and hit “OK“.